Well, 2016 is in the books and it's time to start another year. Before we do, I'd like to look back at some of the things that I am grateful for in 2016.
January 2016, I went on an epic adventure with my good friend Brett. We travelled from Florida to Turks & Caicos, to Aruba, to Curacao on one of the most amazing 'business' trips I've ever been on. That was a riot.
February 2016, I jetted off to San Diego with my good friend Quinn (and Brett met us down there) to see what was new and happening in the eCommerce industry. Met a lot of new folks and learned a lot of new things that I applied in 2016.
March 2016, one of the most exciting / roller coaster months. Mel and I closed on our first house. What an experience that is. Bids, offers, higher bids, counter offers, etc. Not to mention we closed the deal while I was in Vegas for business AND we closed the deal at 5pm on the last day we allotted. Talk about cutting it close.
June 2016, this was literally the longest month of my life. We got the keys to our new (first) house on June 30th. The entire month was spent prepping, planning, etc for that big day. It was all worth it.
July 2016, first month in the new house. My liver was working overdrive from all of the people coming and going and partying. It's really exciting to show people your accomplishments and it was a really cool moment the first time my Dad and Mom both saw the house. I also had the opportunity to visit Denver for work. It quickly became one of my favourite cities. White water rafting in Colorado is one of the coolest things I've ever done.
November 2016, a pretty big month. Made some pretty substantial shifts to my working environment / agreements (I think they were all for the better). Spent a week down in Mexico with Mel, Quinn and Brooke which was great.
December 2016, honestly one of the most relaxing months of my life since I graduated University. When I graduated back in 2015 I pretty much exhausted myself working an intense amount everyday. I wanted to create a lifestyle and I knew that working and hustling would give it to me — and it did. I had a pretty incredible fiscal year in 2016. Like I said, in November I made some pretty substantial shifts to my work schedule which allowed me to focus a lot more time on myself and my business goals for 2017. Very relaxing and it allowed me to figure out how I was going to grow myself in 2017.
Now having said that, I do have some pretty ambitious BUT attainable goals for 2017.
- I want my businesses to generate '_______' in revenue (keeping the actual number to myself). It's just shy of doubling my year in 2016, and I think I can do it.
- Start waking up earlier. I have the fortunate ability to just kind of 'wake up' when I wake up. I don't usually set an alarm unless I have an appointment (dentist, doctor, etc). For the most part I'll get up around 8:30AM - 9AM and just start working immediately. I'd like to start getting up around 6AM and start spending more time with Melissa or focusing on myself in the afternoon / evening.
- Record & publish 12 new YouTube videos. For those of you who have known me for a fairly long time, you know that I got my start on YouTube. I used to make tech videos, car videos, etc and it was really fun. When I started my eCommerce business I got distracted with other things, but now that I've made certain changes to my work environment I should have the time to begin creating again, which is awesome.
- Buy myself something I don't need (reward myself). To be honest, I already know how I'm going to fulfill this goal, and putting it on here is just another way to justify to Melissa that I'm buying a jetski.
- Build something new every quarter. This is something that I was able to do in 2016 and it was incredibly fun. I worked on a lot of different projects, and it is extremely satisfying when you are able to finish something and unveil it to the world. Whether that be a new store, a new product, a new tool, etc.
These are 5 of the top things I'd like to accomplish in 2017. I think they are all S.M.A.R.T (smart, measurable, attainable, realistic, timely) goals and I look forward to sharing them with you as they are completed!
2016 was a year of development, learning, strategizing. 2017 is a year of action and domination. I wish you the best of luck this year and hope you are able to hustle and make 2017 one of your best years yet.